play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

Listeners:

Top listeners:

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    LWR TALK London World Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    LWR COMEDY London World Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    LWR LIVE London World Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    LWR SPORTS London World Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    LWR HEALTH London World Radio

Entertainment

Russell Brand: Two more complainants come forward to BBC | Ents & Arts News

today15/11/2023

Background
share close


Two more people have come forward to the BBC with allegations against Russell Brand, the corporation has said.

The latest complainants came forward in the two-month period since the BBC launched a review into the comedian’s behaviour.

A total of five complaints have now been made directly to the broadcaster against Brand.

It comes after four women alleged in a joint investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times and Channel 4 Dispatches that the comedian and TV and radio presenter sexually assaulted them between 2006 and 2013.

Brand, 48, denies the allegations against him and said his relationships were “always consensual”.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Russell Brand thanks fans for support

An update on the BBC review into Brand’s conduct said the complaints it had received involve “allegations of inappropriate conduct in the workplace, including urinating in bottles in a BBC studio; alleged inappropriate use of BBC cars and further allegations of conduct in and around the studio falling below the standards expected of someone engaged by the BBC”.

The update added that the investigation is “in no way complete” but “it would appear that no disciplinary action was taken” against Brand between 2006 and 2008 before his departure from the BBC.

The five complaints include two individuals who raised concerns between 2006 and 2008, when Brand was employed at the corporation, and again after he left the BBC.

The complaints also include an allegation of misconduct in LA in 2008.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

BBC boss asked about Brand allegations

‘No one recalls’ driving Brand, says BBC after woman’s claims

Brand’s use of BBC cars was called into question after The Times reported a woman’s claims that he used the broadcaster’s car service to pick her up from school when she was 16, so she could visit his home.

The BBC update said: “Due to the passage of time the BBC’s records of car bookings are no longer available.

“This means that we have not been able to identify the precise details of this or any records or details of specific journeys or bookings made for Russell Brand.

“We have spoken to a number of individuals who either had knowledge of the BBC car arrangements at the time, or who drove vehicles for the BBC at or around the time.

“No one we have spoken to so far recalls driving Russell Brand at the time. Our investigations are continuing.”

Click to subscribe to the Sky News Daily wherever you get your podcasts

The BBC had previously said it was looking into allegations from a woman who claimed Brand exposed himself to her and then laughed about it afterwards on his Radio 2 show.

Two police forces, as well as Channel 4 where Brand worked as a presenter, are also investigating claims against the comedian.

Read more:
What are the allegations against Russell Brand?
Dannii Minogue and Katy Perry’s past warnings

From drug addict to star often at centre of controversy

Thames Valley Police previously told Sky News that a woman contacted the force in September with “new information” and it was looking into her claims of “harassment and stalking”. The force said the claims date back to 2018.

Thames Valley Police is the force in charge of Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire where Brand lives. He also owns a pub in the area.

The Metropolitan Police also confirmed previously it had received a “number of allegations of sexual offences” – all of them non-recent and said to have occurred in London and elsewhere in the country.

The Times said it had been contacted by “several women” with further claims about Brand after the publication of their article, but said their allegations have not yet been investigated and “will now be rigorously checked”.



Source link

Written by: lwrradio

Rate it

Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0%